PRIVATE VOICE LESSONS
I offer private one-on-one vocal coaching sessions at my studio in Berkeley, California and virtual Skype lessons. I teach singers of all ages, both professional and amateur, performing in any style of music, including pop, rock, R&B, hip-hop/rap, musical theater, classical, world music, and jazz.
I specialize in providing appropriate and effective technical tools, which allow the singer to perform with ease and without hinderance. My philosophy is grounded in the belief that there must be a balance of technique and emotional connection when one sings.
Under my supervision, any singer can develop high vocal expertise. I am exceptionally qualified to assist performers in cultivating the following skills...
- vocal and physical conditioning, endurance, stamina, support, and controlled distribution of air and energy
- ear training and musicianship skills to perfect intonation, relative pitch, and rhythmic phrasing
- expansion, evenness, cohesion, and control of dynamic and melodic range
- specific tools to directly address and resolve any cause for vocal stress
- interpretation and storytelling
- instruction on the use of vocal effects (i.e. distortion, rattle, growl, grunt, hammer vibrato, etc.) in a safe and healthy way, avoiding vocal strain and/or irritation
- tricks and strategies to enhance vocal harmony skills
In addition to vocal technique training, I prepare singers for studio recording, auditions, and live performances of all types.